A Diverse, Open and Inclusive Christian Community in New Jersey.
We are a diverse, open and inclusive group of folks from all walks of life, very much reflecting the community in which we live. We share a common belief in the good news of Jesus Christ which calls us to take seriously his Great Commandment to love God with our whole being and our neighbor as ourself. Hospitality is important here, just as it was important to Jesus, and you can expect a warm welcome at CAPC, regardless of your race, gender, class, sexual orientation or previous church experience.
Office Hours: Monday through Friday - 8 am - 12 noon
Worshiping at Crescent Avenue Presbyterian Church.
- 9:30 am Sunday School for Children (September through June)
- 10:30 a.m. Worship Service
- Coffee Fellowship is currently suspended due to COVID concerns
*NOTE: The Sacrament of Communion is celebrated the first Sunday of each month.
Lent - A Season to Grow
We take Lent very seriously here at CAPC. Through worship, study, prayer, reflection and service, we seek to grow closer to Christ and deepen our understanding and experience of Christ in our lives. We offer devotionals and even an online study of understanding Christ through His roles of Healer, Shepherd, Prophet Priest, King and ultimately Savior! We offer a variety of experiences that we hope you, too, will find rewarding and enriching. (to find out more, please feel free to contact the church office 908.756.2468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ash Wednesday - the season begins with a soup/bread meal served in the Guild Room from 6 - 7 pm.* Service begins at 7:30 pm in the Sanctuary. There is a Lighted Labyrinth (a self-guided prayer path) that is open from 5-7 pm.*
* suspended due to COVID protocols
- Wednesday Evening Service- Wednesday evening services beginning at 7 pm. We will still have our simple meal served from 6-7pm and then gather in the Sanctuary for worship. *
* suspended due to COVID protocols
- Due to COVID, there will be Virtual Meditations – online – each week Pastor Lynn will reflect on a promise made in the Old Testament that finds fulfillment in the Gospel. Cameron Kuzepski will offer a musical reflection on the theme. This mediation will be available on YouTube and through Facebook. Links can be found on our website as well.
- Holy Week - Maundy Thursday Service at 7:30 pm and powerful Tenebrae Service on Good Friday beginning at 7:30 pm as well. On each of the nights we will open the Lighted Labyrinth with new reflection points appropriate to the season (Labyrinth is open from 5-9 pm on Thursday and Friday).
Easter Service rings out with joy as we proclaim the Good News of Christ through excellent music (yes, we do have brass!), our outstanding Crescent Choir under the direction of Cameron Kuzepski and a word of joy and hope from our pastor, Reverend Lynn Santulli. Service begins at 10:30 am. Come and celebrate in grand, traditional style of worship that offers the best in music excellence and proclamation of God's Truth in Christ.
Lessons and Carols Service on Christmas Eve Sunday
Lessons and Carols is a special service of readings and music for the season that is often considered people's favorite service of the year.
Christmas Eve Services
- Candlelight Communion Service 10 pm - looking for a deeply reverent, holy and sacred service of worship? Our 10 pm Communion Service offers the richest musical heritage of the season under the direction of Cameron Kuzepski and a special Christmas message by Reverend Lynn Santulli.
The CAPC Worship Experience.
We at CAPC embrace the divine gift of human diversity of the community in which we live. Accordingly, we affirm the inclusion of all peoples in the life of our congregation.
Members and visitors alike enjoy a profoundly moving experience of God in Sunday morning worship at CAPC. Our traditional worship style is punctuated with opportunities to hear the Word read, sung and preached in a compelling and relevant manner. Together, we leave inspired to show Christ's love, compassion and justice to all.
Children in Worship.
Children are very much included in worship at Crescent Avenue Presbyterian Church.
All are welcome at Crescent Avenue Presbyterian Church!
In Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith. As many of you as were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is no longer Greek nor Jew, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male or female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.
- Galatians 3:26-28