Position of Office Administrator is Open
August 17, 2021
Office Administrator Part-Time Job Description
Crescent Avenue Presbyterian Church is seeking a reliable Office Administrator responsible for administrative tasks and office management. The administrator must be competent in multi-tasking, working independently and working cooperatively with various stakeholders. The administrator will be self-motivated and trustworthy. The administrator ensures smooth running of our church office, is professional, discreet and highly responsible. This position interfaces directly with the public and is responsible for presenting a professional, courteous and welcoming experience to the public and the congregation alike.
- Coordinating office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance with church policies
- Managing mail, phone calls, serving as first point of contact (mindful they are representing the church)
- Publishing weekly bulletins, newsletters (quarterly), annual reports, special reports and other publications as requested
- Coordinating signing of weekly checks and disbursing as appropriate.
- Updating website, coordinating office systems (copier, networks, email IDs, computer and phone access, etc.)
- Keeping records of inspections as appropriate
- Keeping stock of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Assisting other staff and church members as necessary
- Assisting with other activities associated with the life of the church (ordering flowers, paper supplies, nametags, updating church bulletin board, etc.)
- Updating databases and other systems as appropriate
- Other administrative tasks as required
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities, ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite, Gmail, PowerChurch, phone systems and copier skills
- Qualifications in secretarial studies will be an advantage
- High school diploma; BS/BA in office administration or relevant field is a plus
- This is a 20-hour a week position with 2-weeks paid vacation and paid holidays. The salary range is $16,000 - $18,000. There is a 90-day probationary period. Hours may vary seasonally based on job requirements.